CHAPTER 1-A. UNMANNED AERIAL SYSTEMS
For the purposes of this Chapter, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) "Agricultural commercial operation" means the use of any agricultural facility
or agricultural land for agricultural production or agricultural processing and includes the
production and processing of crops or products, livestock or livestock products, farm-raised
fish and fish products, wood, timber or forest products, fowl and plants for breeding or sale,
and poultry or poultry products for commercial or industrial purposes. "Agricultural
commercial operation" also includes the use of farm machinery, equipment, devices,
chemicals, products for agricultural use, materials, and structures designed for agricultural
use and used in accordance with traditional farm practices.
(2) "Aircraft" means an unmanned aircraft operated as a part of an unmanned aerial
(3) "Commissioner" means the Louisiana commissioner of agriculture and forestry.
(4) "Data" means any information, pictures, images, samples, or other such
information obtained through an unmanned aerial system.
(5) "Department" means the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry.
(6) "Unmanned aerial system" means an unmanned aircraft and all associated support
equipment, control station, data links, telemetry, communications, and navigation equipment
necessary to operate the unmanned aircraft. Such system may include drones, remote-controlled aircraft, unmanned aircraft, or any other such aircraft that is controlled
autonomously by computer or remote control from the ground.
Acts 2015, No. 166, §1, eff. June 23, 2015.