§744.2. Restraint during second and third trimesters
Whenever a prison operator or employee has actual or constructive knowledge that a prisoner is in the second or third trimester of pregnancy the prison operator shall ensure all of the following:
(1) The type of restraint applied and the application of the restraint shall be done in the least restrictive manner necessary.
(2) An electronic restraint belt shall never be used on the prisoner.
(3) The prisoner shall never be handcuffed behind the back.
(4) The prisoner shall never be restrained using leg irons.
(5) The prisoner shall never be placed in a face down position.
Acts 2012, No. 761, §1.