SUBPART B. EMERGENCY MEDICAL PERSONNEL
§1232. Emergency medical personnel training; licensure
A. The bureau shall promulgate rules and regulations in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act for the following:
(1) To define and authorize appropriate education programs based on national EMS education standards for emergency medical services practitioners. All such education programs shall meet or exceed national EMS education standards.
(2) To specify minimum operational requirements which will ensure medical direction, supervision, and control over emergency medical services.
(3) To specify minimum examination and continuing education requirements for all emergency medical services practitioners.
(4) To provide for the issuance of licenses, renewals of licenses, and requirements for emergency medical services practitioners.
(5) To establish fees for licensure and license renewal.
B. An individual petitioning for licensure or license renewal as an emergency medical services practitioner shall submit an application to the bureau on forms provided by the bureau. The application shall be accompanied by the appropriate fee.
C. The bureau shall affirmatively provide that there is no discrimination toward any individual in the licensure process on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, sex, or age.
Amended by Acts 1976, No. 393, §§2, 3; Acts 1977, No. 626, §1; Acts 1985, No. 750, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 1987; Acts 1987, No. 665, §2, eff. July 9, 1987; Acts 1997, No. 913, §2; Acts 2012, No. 789, §2, eff. June 13, 2012; Acts 2013, No. 220, §17, eff. June 11, 2013.