RS 42:457     

§457.  Union dues

Any state, parish, or city employee may authorize his employing department, board, or agency to withhold from his salary a specific amount for such pay periods as may be designated, for payment of his dues to any labor organization to which he belongs and which he designates therein.  In such cases, the employee must voluntarily execute and furnish to the employing department, board, or agency a written and specific authorization for such deductions; however, the employing authority may elect whether or not to make such deductions.  Any amount withheld in accordance with the provisions of this Section shall be remitted on a regularly scheduled basis as prescribed by rules promulgated by the Division of Administration and administered by the state payroll office to the organization designated.

Acts 1966, No. 419, §1; Acts 1986, No. 805, §1.