Senate Daily Digest
June 23, 2016
PDF Daily Digest
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
Senate Resolutions 2nd Reading
- Expresses condolences upon the death of Mr. Silas H. Connor.
- Expresses support for the public-private partnerships that operate Louisiana's safety net hospitals.
Senate Concurrent Resolutions 2nd Reading Subject to Call
- Requests the Louisiana Supreme Court to fully fund the CASA Assistance Program.
Senate Bills 3rd Reading and Final Passage Subject to Call
- Provides for the operability of the tax credit for Citizens Property Insurance Corporation 2005 assessment. (gov sig) (Item Nos. 46 and 47) (EG +$17,000,000 GF RV See Note)
- Legislates with regard to the net capital gains deduction. (gov sig) (Item No. 41) (EG INCREASE GF RV See Note)
- Provides for the Omnibus Bond Act (gov sig) (Item #4)
House Bills 3rd Reading and Final Passage
- Makes supplemental appropriations for Fiscal Year 2016-2017 (Item #1)
House Bills 3rd Reading and Final Passage Subject to Call
- Reduces the individual income tax deduction for net capital gains (Item #41) (EG1 INCREASE GF RV See Note)
- Provides with respect to the effectiveness of certain exclusions and exemptions from state sales and use taxes (Items #7-34) (EN DECREASE GF RV See Note)
- Provides with respect to sales of certain services and tangible personal property at certain publicly owned facilities (Item #35) (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF RV)
Instruments Pending Senate Conference
- Provides for the carry forward rather than the refund of a certain portion of the tax credit for ad valorem taxes paid on inventory. (gov sig) (Item #47) (RE +$17,300,000 GF RV See Note)
- Provides for the confidentiality of tax records, the definition of manufacturer for purposes of the tax credits for ad valorem taxes paid to local governments, and certain limitations. (gov sig) (Item #47) (EG1 +$57,000,000 GF RV See Note)