House Committee on Transportation, Highways and Public Works
April 16, 2013
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
DISCUSSION OF LEGISLATION
- Provides relative to permits for off-road equipment
MTR VEHICLE/COMPULS INS
- Requires law enforcement officers to check for compliance with the compulsory security law during traffic stops
MTR VEHICLE/DRIVER LIC
- Permits employees of the La. Fire and Emergency Training Institute to drive vehicles without a commercial driver's license (CDL) in the course and scope of their employment
- Prohibits attachments on motor vehicle wheels from extending past a certain width
- Exempts operators of certain autocycles from requirements to obtain an "M" endorsement or wear a safety helmet
- Provides with respect to the Southeast La. Flood Protection Authorities
MTR VEHICLE/LICEN PLATES
- Creates prestige license plates for the Louisiana Republican and Democratic Parties
TAX/SALES & USE
- Relative to the payment of sales and use tax on off-road or all terrain vehicles for purposes of receipt of an off-road decal
- Provides parameters for registration of motor vehicles operated by persons who are employed and have a residence in Louisiana
- Prohibits the transportation of dogs in pickup truck beds and utility trailers on certain roadways unless safely crated
- Extends the length of time relative to the utilization of design-build contracts
Work Zone Awareness - Sherri LeBas, Secretary, Department of Transportation and Development