Senate Committee on Health and Welfare
April 17, 2013
John J. Hainkel, Jr. Room
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
April 25, 2012; May 16, 2012; May 23, 2012; October 12, 2012; January 18, 2013; and April 9, 2013.
LEGISLATION TO BE CONSIDERED
- Expresses the sense of the Louisiana Legislature on the need for colorectal cancer screening examinations.
- Provides for preparation of cakes and cookies in home for public consumption. (8/1/13) (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
- Provides for health action plans by the Department of Health and Hospitals. (gov sig) (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
- Requires public post secondary education institutions to develop smoke-free policies for its campuses. (8/1/14) (EN NO IMPACT GF EX See Note)
- Provides for Medicaid transparency. (8/1/13) (EN NO IMPACT See Note)
- Creates the Louisiana Sickle Cell Commission. (8/1/13) (EN INCREASE GF EX See Note)
- Provides for certain requirements which must be met by a physician who performs an abortion. (gov sig)
- Provides for certain limitations relative to actions or rules requiring modification of certain existing community water systems. (gov sig)
- Provides relative to Medicaid and certain managed health care organizations providing health care services to Medicaid beneficiaries. (1/1/14) (RR1 See Note)
- Provides for nurse practitioners and licensure by the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners. (1/1/14) (2/3 - CA7s2.1(A)) (OR INCREASE SG EX See Note)
CONSIDERATION OF ANY OTHER MATTERS THAT MAY COME BEFORE THE COMMITTEE