House Committee on Health and Welfare
April 17, 2013
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
DISCUSSION OF LEGISLATION
- Authorizes the La. State Board of Nursing and the La. State Board of Practical Nurse Examiners to accept certain accreditations for nurses
- Requires DHH to institute Medicaid cost containment measures to the extent allowed by federal regulations (OR DECREASE GF EX See Note)
- Transfers governance and control of state hospitals from LSU to human services districts and authorities of the state and provides for delivery and financing of health services by such districts and authorities (OR INCREASE GF EX See Note)
- Requires birthing facilities to perform pulse oximetric screening for certain heart defects on each newborn in the care of those facilities
- Requires hospitals to offer pertussis (whooping cough) vaccinations to parents of newborns
- Provides relative to the practice of optometry and the regulation of such profession (EG SEE FISC NOTE GF EX)
VITAL STATS/BIRTH CERT
- Requires La. birth certificate forms to be produced in bilingual (English and La. French) format (OR INCREASE GF EX See Note)