Senate Committee on Senate and Governmental Affairs
April 30, 2013
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
April 24, 2013
DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
DIVISION OF ADMINISTRATION
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY AND CORRECTIONS
LEGISLATION TO BE CONSIDERED
- Requires prefiling by January 15 of any legislative instrument which produces a net decrease in taxes, fees, charges or other revenues received by the state of $10 million or more annually in any one of the 5 fiscal years; a report by the proponents on the instrument's economic effects; and a review of such report by the legislative fiscal office.
- Requests that the Louisiana State Law Institute study the feasibility of requiring clerks of court to accept electronic signatures on documents to be filed with the court.
- Designates the Smokin' Oldies Cook-Off in West Baton Rouge Parish as an official Louisiana State barbeque championship.
- Creates the State Capitol Complex Task Force.
- Express the intent of the Louisiana Legislature regarding Act No. 725 of the 2004 Regular Session.
- Provides relative to a minority hiring survey by the division of minority affairs in the Department of Insurance. (8/1/13)
- Provides for mail voter registration applications received from public assistance and disability offices. (8/1/13)
- Provides relative to the records of the governor. (gov sig)
- Provides relative to lottery board members appointed by the governor and their disclosure requirements. (gov sig)
- Provides an exception to the Code of Governmental Ethics for persons whose public service is limited to a contract providing attest services as a CPA. (gov sig)
- Creates the Equal Pay for Women Act. (8/1/13)
- Transfers the Louisiana Seafood Promotion and Marketing Board to the Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism. (7/1/13) (EN SEE FISC NOTE EX See Note)
- Allows the placement of voter registration application forms at certain retailers selling firearms. (gov sig) (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
- Provides that the Louisiana Seafood and Promotion and Marketing Board shall act independently from the secretary of the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries. (7/1/13)
- Requires certain nonelected boards and commissions to video or audio record, film, or broadcast live all proceedings in a public meeting. (gov sig) (EN SEE FISC NOTE EX See Note)
- Names Grand Isle bivalve hatchery the "Michael C. Voisin Hatchery"
CONSIDERATION OF ANY OTHER MATTERS THAT MAY COME BEFORE THE COMMITTEE