Senate Committee on Local and Municipal Affairs
April 25, 2013
* Agenda Revised April 25, 2013, 12:04 pm *
Remove SB 48
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF MINUTES -APRIL 18, 2013
LEGISLATION TO BE CONSIDERED
- Requests the Senate Committee on Local and Municipal Affairs to study the laws applicable to local public entities in the purchase of vehicles for law enforcement purposes.
- Creates and provides for the Southern Heights Neighborhood Crime Prevention District. (8/1/13)
- Authorizes the city of Bogalusa, subject to voter approval, to levy a provider fee on the operation of hospitals within the city that may provide to DHH funding for state expenses for the Medicaid program within the city. (gov sig) (EN INCREASE LF RV See Note)
- Authorizes the chief of police for the Town of Welsh to effect certain disciplinary action relative to police personnel. (gov sig)
- Provides for legislation which increases the maximum fine and imprisonment for a violation of an Orleans Parish ordinance. (8/1/13)
- Creates a fund to pay group insurance premiums for retired assessors and employees of the assessor's office in Orleans Parish. (8/1/13) (EN SEE FISC NOTE LF RV)
- Authorizes Grant Parish Economic and Industrial Development District to exempt certain items from the levy of a sales tax. (8/1/13)
- Authorizes the Grant Economic Development District to levy a sales and use tax. (gov sig)
- Provides relative to civil service for cities with over 100,000 in population and certain municipalities governed by municipal fire and police civil service system. (8/1/13)
- Provides relative to the West Baton Rouge Parish Fire Protection District No. 1. (gov sig)
- Creates an Economic Development District in Leesville, Louisiana. (gov sig)
- Authorizes the levy of an optional hotel assessment by a tourism organization upon its hotel members and provides for treating such assessment as a surcharge to hotel guests. (gov sig)
- Provides relative to the powers and duties of the Algiers Development District. (8/1/13)
CONSIDERATION OF ANY OTHER MATTERS THAT MAY COME BEFORE THE COMMITTEE