Senate Committee on Education
April 25, 2013
John J. Hainkel, Jr. Room
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
LEGISLATION TO BE CONSIDERED
- Establishes a cap on TOPS award amounts. (gov sig) (OR -$186,000 GF EX See Note)
- Provides for the awarding and transfer of college credit for academic content in career and technical and industry-based certification courses. (gov sig) (EN +$25,000 GF EX See Note)
- Provides that a student with disabilities who is not pursuing a regular diploma shall not be administered the American College Test with certain exceptions. (gov sig)
- Requires certain local public school boards to obtain BESE approval before making certain changes in the status of a failing school. (8/1/13)
- Provides relative to the use of seclusion and physical restraint to address the behavior of certain students
- Provides relative to the eligibility of nationally certified school teachers, counselors, and psychologists for specific salary adjustments (EN INCREASE FF EX See Note)
- Requires local public school boards to adopt policies relative to accommodations for employees to express breast milk
CONSIDERATION OF ANY OTHER MATTERS THAT MAY COME BEFORE THE COMMITTEE