Senate Committee on Senate and Governmental Affairs
May 7, 2013
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
April 30, 2013
LEGISLATION TO BE CONSIDERED
- Requires prefiling by January 15 of any legislative instrument which produces a net decrease in taxes, fees, charges or other revenues received by the state of $10 million or more annually in any one of the 5 fiscal years; a report by the proponents on the instrument's economic effects; and a review of such report by the legislative fiscal office.
- Express the intent of the Louisiana Legislature regarding Act No. 725 of the 2004 Regular Session.
- Constitutional Amendment to prohibit unfunded mandates on political subdivisions or public school systems, with limited exceptions. (2/3 - CA13s1(A)) (OR SEE FISC NOTE GF EX)
- Provides relative to lottery board members appointed by the governor and their disclosure requirements. (gov sig)
- Transfers the Louisiana Seafood Promotion and Marketing Board to the Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism. (7/1/13) (EN SEE FISC NOTE EX See Note)
- Allows the placement of voter registration application forms at certain retailers selling firearms. (gov sig) (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
- Provides relative to the civil service status of employees of the Housing Authority of New Orleans (EN NO IMPACT See Note)
- Provides relative to boards and commissions (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
CONSIDERATION OF ANY OTHER MATTERS THAT MAY COME BEFORE THE COMMITTEE