Senate Committee on Judiciary A
May 7, 2013
John J. Hainkel, Jr. Room
* Agenda Revised May 6, 2013, 11:05 am *
Adds: HB 588
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
LEGISLATION TO BE CONSIDERED
- Provides for the Louisiana Home Protection Act. (8/1/13) (EN NO IMPACT LF RV See Note)
- Provides relative to certain lien and escrow account procedures for certain construction contracts. (8/1/13)
- Provides relative to leases and residential dwelling lessees' right to notification of foreclosure action. (8/1/13) (EN NO IMPACT LF EX See Note)
- Provides for salaries of judges as recommended by the Judicial Compensation Commission. (See Act) (EN +$2,469,573 GF EX See Note)
- Increases the jurisdictional amount in dispute in the City Court of Shreveport
- Provides for the continuous revision of the Code of Civil Procedure
- Provides relative to the ability of the Patient's Compensation Fund Oversight Board to invest certain funds
- Provides for intercountry adoptions
- Provides relative to extending liberative prescriptive periods
CONSIDERATION OF ANY OTHER MATTERS THAT MAY COME BEFORE THE COMMITTEE