House Committee on Health and Welfare
May 7, 2013
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
DISCUSSION OF LEGISLATION
- Requests DHH to implement a more equitable system of reimbursement for Medicaid long-term care providers (OR +$63,336,674 GF EX See Note)
- Creates a task force to study and evaluate the effectiveness of sexual health education programs used throughout the state and other states
- Requires DHH to institute Medicaid cost containment measures to the extent allowed by federal regulations (OR DECREASE GF EX See Note)
- Provides a limited exception to certain licensing requirements for home- and community-based service providers
- Provides for the definition of a rural hospital for purposes of the Rural Hospital Preservation Act (OR INCREASE GF EX See Note)
VITAL STATS/BIRTH CERT
- Requires La. birth certificate forms to be produced in bilingual (English and La. French) format (OR INCREASE GF EX See Note)