House Committee on Transportation, Highways, and Public Works
May 13, 2013
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
DISCUSSION OF LEGISLATION
- Requests that the United States Army Corps of Engineers maintain a minimum of 9 foot deep by 200 foot wide channel to allow safe and reliable barge transportation on the J. Bennett Johnston Waterway
MTR VEHICLE/DRIVER LIC
- Permits employees of the La. Fire and Emergency Training Institute to drive vehicles without a commercial driver's license (CDL) in the course and scope of their employment
- Provides for the comprehensive study and evaluation of Louisiana's levee districts and other water resource boards.
- Authorizes the New Orleans Aviation Board to use the construction manager at risk method. (8/1/13)
- Provides for issuance of an economic and medical hardship driver's license in certain situations. (8/1/13)
- Identifies which Department of Public Works is referenced in certain groundwater conservation districts. (gov sig)
- Authorizes "I'm a Cajun" on driver's license and identification cards. (1/1/14) (EN INCREASE SG EX See Note)
- Provides for ferries on the Mississippi River. (7/1/13) (EN SEE FISC NOTE SD EX See Note)
- Prohibits DOTD from collecting fines from persons not paying tolls on the Crescent City Connection. (gov sig) (EGF DECREASE SD RV See Note)
- Creates the Coastal Port Advisory Authority. (8/1/13) (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
Presentation by the Louisiana Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers regarding the Louisiana Infrastructure Report Card