Senate Committee on Health and Welfare
May 15, 2013
John J. Hainkel, Jr. Room
* Agenda Revised May 14, 2013, 3:05 pm *
REMOVED: SCR 57 AND HCR 20 ADDED: SCR 87
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
May 7, 2013
LEGISLATION TO BE CONSIDERED
- Directs the Department of Health and Hospitals to submit a Section 1115 Medicaid demonstration waiver to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services designed to protect Medicaid and uninsured services being delivered and complement existing upper payment limit funding programs.
- Requests a study of the most effective means by which to reduce Louisiana's rate of suicide
- Recognizes July 2013 as "Swimming Pool Safety Month" in honor of Aubrie and Angel Castine-Smith
- Expands the applicability of the medication attendant provisions to the office of aging and adult services
- Provides relative to reports, records, and adjudicatory functions of the La. State Board of Medical Examiners
- Provides relative to access to state prescription monitoring program information
- Clarifies definition relative to colleges of pharmacy
- Clarifies powers and duties of the Louisiana Board of Pharmacy relative to nonresident pharmacists
- Requires hospitals to offer pertussis (whooping cough) vaccinations to parents of newborns
- Revises provisions relative to aid to needy families and employment services for TANF cash assistance recipients (RE NO IMPACT FF EX See Note)
- Requires training be made available for mandatory reporters
- Provides relative to parking spaces for certain disabled persons
- Provides relative to pharmacy-generated drugs
CONSIDERATION OF ANY OTHER MATTERS THAT MAY COME BEFORE THE COMMITTEE