Senate Committee on Judiciary B
May 28, 2013
* Agenda Revised May 27, 2013, 6:05 pm *
Time Change for Meeting
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
LEGISLATION TO BE CONSIDERED
- Requests the legislative auditor to review certain crime statistics for the city of New Orleans.
- Authorizes the 11th JDC to provide for a reentry division of court (EN DECREASE GF EX See Note)
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE PERMT
- Provides relative to the posting of National Human Trafficking Resources Center hotline information at certain establishments (EN SEE FISC NOTE SG RV See Note)
- Provides relative to operating a vehicle while intoxicated (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
- Provides relative to sex offender registration and notification
- Provides relative to sentencing and treatment of certain offenders convicted of certain violations of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law (EN DECREASE GF EX See Note)
- Provides relative to tobacco enforcement (EN +$75,000 GF EX See Note)
- Requests that DPS&C study the feasibility and cost effectiveness of transferring certain elderly and infirm inmates to nursing home facilities
CONSIDERATION OF ANY OTHER MATTERS THAT MAY COME BEFORE THE COMMITTEE