Senate Committee on Finance
May 30, 2013
* Agenda Revised May 29, 2013, 6:05 pm *
Time has been changed to 11:00 A.M.
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
LEGISLATION TO BE CONSIDERED
- Provides for the comprehensive Capital Outlay budget
- Provides for authorized positions in the executive budget and appropriation bills (EN NO IMPACT See Note)
- (Constitutional Amendment) Limits the power of an appropriation bill to effect change in other laws (RE NO IMPACT See Note)
- Provides relative to the telecommunications tax for the deaf (RE1 +$500,000 SD RV See Note)
- (Constitutional Amendment) Requires spending due to constitutional or other mandates to be considered in a separate appropriation bill from spending that is not required to be funded if health care or higher education funding is reduced (RR SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
- (Constitutional Amendment) Provides relative to the budget process (RR SEE FISC NOTE GF RV See Note)
- (Constitutional Amendment) Provides relative to final passage of the general appropriation bill (RE NO IMPACT See Note)
- Provides with respect to the development of the budget (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
- Extends the sunset of the musical and theatrical production base investment income tax credit (RE DECREASE GF RV See Note)
- Requires spending due to constitutional or other mandates to be considered in a separate appropriation bill from spending that is not required to be funded if health care or higher education funding is reduced (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF RV See Note)
ENERGY/OIL & GAS
- Changes the oil spill contingency fee both in amount and application and removes limitation on expenditures from the Oil Spill Contingency Fund (EN SEE FISC NOTE SD RV See Note)
- Provides relative to solar energy systems tax credit and removes wind energy systems tax credit (EN INCREASE GF RV See Note)
- Provides for a 10% reduction of all state professional, personal, and consulting service contracts (RE DECREASE See Note)
- Reduces the expenditure limit for FY 2013-2014 (EN SEE FISC NOTE EX See Note)
- Directs DHH to submit a Section 1115 demonstration waiver application in order to utilize certain funding for the Medicaid program (EN INCREASE GF EX See Note)
- Urges and requests DOTD to continue operation of the Edgard/Reserve and White Castle ferries and to prescribe and collect equitable ferry charges. (EN INCREASE SG RV See Note)
CONSIDERATION OF ANY OTHER MATTERS THAT MAY COME BEFORE THE COMMITTEE