Senate Committee on Finance
May 31, 2013
* Agenda Revised May 31, 2013, 2:05 pm *
Removed HB 571 Removed HB 671 Added HB 618 Removed HB 368 Added HB 65
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
LEGISLATION TO BE CONSIDERED
- Urges and requests DOTD to continue operation of the Edgard/Reserve and White Castle ferries and to prescribe and collect equitable ferry charges. (EN INCREASE SG RV See Note)
ENERGY/OIL & GAS
- Changes the oil spill contingency fee both in amount and application and removes limitation on expenditures from the Oil Spill Contingency Fund (EN SEE FISC NOTE SD RV See Note)
- Creates an Ad Hoc Interim Joint Legislative Committee on Budgetary Procedure
- Provides for ancillary expenses of state government
- Provides relative to certain port and harbor activities for purposes of qualifying for the ports of La. tax credit (EG1 DECREASE GF RV See Note)
- Removes the Jan. 1, 2015, sunset date for issuance of sound recording investor tax credits and provides a threshold for Louisiana residents (EN DECREASE GF RV See Note)
- Establishes a registry for tax credits and provides relative to the period of time to report claims or a transfer to the registry (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
FIRE PROTECT/FIRE MARSHAL
- Creates a Volunteer Firefighters' Tuition Reimbursement program (EN INCREASE SD EX See Note)
- Establishes the Louisiana Tax Delinquency Amnesty Act of 2013 (EN INCREASE SD RV See Note)
- Extends authority to grant tax credits for certain state-certified musical or theatrical facility infrastructure projects (EN DECREASE GF RV See Note)
- Provides with respect to the Ernest N. Morial-New Orleans Exhibition Hall Authority (EN SEE FISC NOTE LF EX See Note)
- Provides relative to salary supplements for public school educational diagnosticians (EN INCREASE FF EX See Note)
TAX/SALES & USE
- To provide for the payment of a vendor's compensation for the state sales and use tax collection and to dedicate certain state sales tax revenues (EN +$4,300,000 GF RV See Note)
- Makes appropriations for the expenses of the legislature for FY 2013-2014
- Appropriates funds for the expenses of the Louisiana Judiciary for Fiscal Year 2013-2014
- Provides for revenue sharing distribution for Fiscal Year 2013-2014
- Establishes the New Markets Jobs Tax Credit (EN -$24,750,000 GF RV See Note)
- Provides relative to the payment of insurance premiums for certain retirees of the Hazardous Duty Services Plan in the La. State Employees' Retirement System (EN +$10,000 FC GF EX)
CONSIDERATION OF ANY OTHER MATTERS THAT MAY COME BEFORE THE COMMITTEE