House Committee on Administration of Criminal Justice
March 12, 2014
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
DISCUSSION OF LEGISLATION
- Reduces the length of time certain applicants are required to wait before filing a subsequent application with the Board of Pardons (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
PUBLIC SFTY/CORRECT DEPT
- Repeals the statutory authorization for DPS&C to conduct certain pilot programs involving alternative methods of incarceration and electronic monitoring (EN NO IMPACT See Note)
- Re-creates the Department of Public Safety and Corrections
- Authorizes payment of witness fees to retired law enforcement officers or former law enforcement officers in certain cases (EN INCREASE LF EX See Note)
- Repeals antiquated and obsolete statutes related to prisons and correctional institutions
- Authorizes the use of electronic means for the delivery of an order for protective custody and transportation to the sheriff
- Authorizes licensed practical nurses to administer chemical tests for intoxication
- Amends responsive verdicts for theft and attempted theft (EN NO IMPACT See Note)
- Provides penalties for fire prevention interference (EN INCREASE LF EX See Note)
- Provides relative to the reinstatement of good time credit in certain circumstances (EN DECREASE GF EX See Note)
- Expands the crime of filing a false lien against a law enforcement or court officer to include liens against any clerk of court, deputy clerk of court, and recorder of mortgages (EN INCREASE GF EX See Note)
- Provides with respect to work release programs
State Police DCCS Fee Approval for Fiscal Year 2014-2015. Lieutenant Chris Baron, Louisiana State Police Gaming Enforcement Division