House Committee on House and Governmental Affairs
March 12, 2014
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
DISCUSSION OF LEGISLATION
- Repeals the prohibition against the recognition of certain political parties (EN +$52,000 GF EX See Note)
- Provides for the conduct of early voting on the Sunday during the early voting period from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (OR INCREASE GF EX See Note)
- Re-creates the Department of State Civil Service and the statutory entities made a part of the department by law (EN NO IMPACT See Note)
- Removes the requirement to reopen qualifying when no candidate qualified for an office or when the number of candidates who qualified for an office is less than the number of positions to be filled
SECRETARY OF STATE
- Authorizes secretary of state to disclose certain electronic mail addresses or short message service numbers to other governmental entities, agencies, officials, and employees
- Provides with respect to voter registration information and data
- Makes revisions to the La. Election Code (EN DECREASE GF EX See Note)
- Repeals provisions of law that allow for a refund of qualifying fees under certain circumstances when a candidate files multiple notices of candidacy (EN SEE FISC NOTE SG See Note)
- Re-creates the Department of State and the statutory entities made a part of the department by law
- Provides for voter registration at age sixteen (EN +$54,388 GF EX See Note)