House Committee on Education
March 12, 2014
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
DISCUSSION OF LEGISLATION
HIGHER ED/BD REGENTS
- Authorizes the Board of Regents to enter into interstate reciprocity agreements relative to online instruction (EN INCREASE SG RV See Note)
- (Constitutional Amendment) Provides for members of the postsecondary education management boards and the Board of Regents to have qualifications provided by law
- Provides relative to required qualifications for members of public postsecondary education boards
- Provides relative to textbooks and other instructional materials for elementary and secondary schools (OR -$55,000 GF EX See Note)
- Provides with respect to the lease of property at public postsecondary education institutions to nonprofit corporations or associations to hold fundraisers that include the auctioning and sale of firearms
To hear a presentation by representatives of NextSTEP of Central Louisiana (Systemic Transition to Empowerment Program) including an overview of A Fight We Can Win - the program's teen dating violence awareness and prevention initiative.