Senate Committee on Education
March 12, 2014
John J. Hainkel, Jr. Room
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
May 22, 2013
May 30, 2013
LEGISLATION TO BE CONSIDERED
- Revises youth membership and staffing for the Legislative Youth Advisory Council. (8/1/14)
- Requires development and use of a common application for state public colleges and universities. (gov sig)
- Repeals the Balanced Treatment for Creation-Science and Evolution-Science Act. (8/1/14)
- Repeals the Louisiana Systemic Initiatives Program (LaSIP). (gov sig) (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
- Provides relative to sick leave for teachers and other school employees. (8/1/14)
- Revises the textbook adoption process. (gov sig) (RE1 SEE FISC NOTE GF EX)
- Provides for empowered community schools. (7/1/14)
CONSIDERATION OF ANY OTHER MATTERS THAT MAY COME BEFORE THE COMMITTEE