Senate Committee on Health and Welfare
April 2, 2014
John J. Hainkel, Jr. Room
* Agenda Revised April 1, 2014, 4:04 pm *
Removed SB496 Added SR29 and SCR48
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
LEGISLATION TO BE CONSIDERED
- Directs the Department of Health and Hospitals to create a working group to develop strategies to decrease primary care utilization in emergency rooms in hospitals across Louisiana.
- Requests the Louisiana State Medical Society and the Louisiana Academy of Family Physicians to educate its members of state and federal programs available to children with developmental disabilities and advise parents and guardians of such programs when such a diagnosis is made.
- Directs the Department of Health and Hospitals to create the Practice and Regulation of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Review Committee.
- Requests the Department of Health and Hospitals to study the most effective means to ensure the proper utilization of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder medications in Louisiana and to report its findings to the legislature.
- Directs the Department of Health and Hospitals to declare youth violence a public health epidemic and the Department of Education to establish a statewide trauma-informed education program.
- Urges the Department of Health and Hospitals to study the feasibility, desirability, and practicality of alternative transportation sites (i.e. urgent care clinics) for certain patients.
- Provides for legislative approval of and support to the Board of Supervisors of Louisiana State University for the strategic collaboration with the state in creating a new model of health care delivery in the Alexandria and Pineville area.
- Provide relative to the Behavior Analyst Practice Act. (8/1/14)
- Provides for an emergency certificate for transportation and admission to a treatment facility. (8/1/14)
- Provides for mental health counselors. (5/1/15)
- Provides relative to the reporting of cases of communicable diseases and conditions under the Sanitary Code. (8/1/14)
- Provides for authorized procedures provided by direct service workers. (gov sig)
- Provides for an automatic suspension of a physician's license. (gov sig)
- Provides for the creation of the Veterans Court Program. (8/1/14) (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
CONTROL DANGER SUBSTANCE
- Amends frequency of reporting prescription dispensing of certain substances to the state prescription monitoring board. (8/1/14)
CONSIDERATION OF ANY OTHER MATTERS THAT MAY COME BEFORE THE COMMITTEE