House Committee on Education
May 13, 2014
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
DISCUSSION OF LEGISLATION
- Creates the Medical Education & Research Finance Work Group to provide findings and recommendations to the legislature relative to a formula-based financing model for the funding of Louisiana's public institutions for graduate and professional medical education and biomedical and health-related research
- Provides relative to sex education instruction in public schools (OR INCREASE LF EX See Note)
- Authorizes a Dept. of Education survey of students regarding risk behaviors (EG NO IMPACT See Note)
- Requires certain state agencies to meet biannually to discuss and make recommendations in an effort to reduce teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases
- Requests the management boards of Louisiana's public colleges and universities consider including in certain schools disciplines and degree programs, suicide assessment, and prevention training that meet the Suicide Prevention Resource Center best practices standards.
- Provides for the Louisiana Public School Choice Act. (gov sig) (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
- Provides relative to TOPS. (gov sig) (EN INCREASE GF EX See Note)
- Provides relative to the organization and management of large school systems. (8/1/14) (RE SEE FISC NOTE LF EX)