Senate Committee on Health and Welfare
March 22, 2016
John J. Hainkel, Jr. Room
* Agenda Revised March 21, 2016, 10:03 am *
Removed SB 350
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
February 24, 2016
LEGISLATION TO BE CONSIDERED
- Directs the Department of Health and Hospitals to evaluate and report on funding solutions for in-home support providers.
- Requests the Department of Health and Hospitals to submit a report by October 1, 2016, and to add Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD) to the newborn screening panel no later than August 1, 2017.
- Continues the task force to study and make recommendations concerning health services delivery and financing in the Baton Rouge region.
- Directs the Department of Health and Hospitals to evaluate and report on increasing access to vital records at parish health units.
- Specifies when a short-form birth certificate card may be purchased. (gov sig) (EN +$301,038 RV See Note)
- Provides for the re-creation of the Department of Health and Hospitals and changes the name to Louisiana Department of Health. (See Act) (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
- Provides relative to admissions by emergency certificate of persons suffering from mental illness and substance abuse. (8/1/16)
- Prohibits the sale of infant formula or baby food that is stored in plastic containers, jars, or cans that contain bisphenol-A. (8/1/16)
- Provides relative to the Council on the Status of Grandparents Raising Grandchildren. (gov sig)
CONSIDERATION OF ANY OTHER MATTERS THAT MAY COME BEFORE THE COMMITTEE