Senate Committee on Senate and Governmental Affairs
March 22, 2016
* Agenda Revised March 21, 2016, 5:03 pm *
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
LEGISLATION TO BE CONSIDERED
- Provides an exception for an attorney serving on a civil service commission. (8/1/16)
- Constitutional amendment to remove prohibition against civil servants being able to participate or engage in political activities. (2/3-CA13s1(A)) (OR SEE FISC NOTE GF EX)
- Provides relative to the sanctions for engaging in political activities for municipal fire and police civil service classified employees. (8/1/16) (EN SEE FISC NOTE LF EX See Note)
- Provides certain requirements for supervisors in state government. (8/1/16) (OR SEE FISC NOTE GF EX)
- Allows any person who is registered to vote to vote absentee by mail without rendering a reason for requesting an absentee ballot. (8/1/16) (EG INCREASE GF EX See Note)
- Provides that certain records in the custody of the Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors are exempt from the Public Records Law. (8/1/16)
- Requires election commissioners to attend a uniformed general course of instruction annually. (8/1/16)
CONSIDERATION OF ANY OTHER MATTERS THAT MAY COME BEFORE THE COMMITTEE