CHC 1025.2     

Art. 1025.2.  Stipulation; consent to judgment; resident, nonresident parents

The parent whose rights are sought to be terminated may stipulate that the grounds alleged in the petition are true provided that all of the following occur:

(1)  He personally appears before the court.  A parent who resides either in another parish or in another state may personally appear before the court exercising juvenile court jurisdiction in his place of residence.

(2)  The court fully informs him of his rights and the consequences of such a stipulation.

(3)  The parent knowingly and voluntarily consents to the judgment.

Acts 1997, No. 256, §1.