House Committee on Appropriations
April 22, 2014
* Agenda Revised April 21, 2014, 10:04 am *
Deleted HB392 Added HB222
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
DISCUSSION OF LEGISLATION
- (Constitutional Amendment) Prohibits the supplanting of state funds for tuition and fee increases for institutions of higher education (RR SEE FISC NOTE GF EX)
- Provides preferences for extruded woven polypropylene products woven in Louisiana (RE INCREASE GF EX See Note)
- Requires the state to provide free assistance to local law enforcement agencies for the transfer of surplus equipment and supplies through the Department of Defense Excess Property Program (1033 Program) (OR DECREASE SG RV See Note)
- (Constitutional Amendment) Prohibits certain transfers of monies through the Coastal Protection and Restoration Fund or the Budget Stabilization Fund (RR SEE FISC NOTE SD RV See Note)
- Appropriates funds for judgment against the state in the matter of "Board of Supervisors of Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College v. 1732 Canal Street, LLC, et al"
- Provides relative to the purchase of seats with arms in public seating areas of state buildings (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
- (Constitutional Amendment) Authorizes the investment of public funds in a state infrastructure bank (REF NO IMPACT GF EX See Note)
- (Constitutional Amendment) Provides for the deposit of revenues into the Transportation Trust Fund (RRF SEE FISC NOTE GF RV See Note)
- Authorizes the preference for the purchase of Louisiana products in public bid law to apply to purchases of fire fighting or rescue equipment (OR SEE FISC NOTE LF EX)
- Changes restrictions on the deposit of sales tax revenues related to motor vehicles into the Transportation Trust Fund and Transportation Mobility Fund (OR -$37,600,000 GF RV See Note)
- Provides with regard to dedications of certain excess mineral revenues and deposits into the Budget Stabilization Fund (RE1 SEE FISC NOTE GF RV See Note)
- Provides for the creation of the Louisiana Transportation Infrastructure Bank (REF SEE FISC NOTE SD RV See Note)