Senate Committee on Transportation, Highways and Public Works
April 20, 2017
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
May 12, 2016
LEGISLATION TO BE CONSIDERED
- Repeals provision that prohibits a commissioner of the St. Tammany Levee, Drainage and Conservation District, whose term is expired, from continuing to serve or vote. (gov sig)
- Provides for driver education to include instruction on appropriate driver conduct when stopped by a law enforcement officer. (1/1/18)
- Provides relative to meetings, election of officers, and per diem for members of the Greater Baton Rouge Port Commission. (8/1/17)
- Designates the new bridge across Goose Bayou on LA 45 in Jefferson Parish as the "Jules Nunez Bridge". (8/1/17)
- Authorizes civilian traffic control officer or entity to investigate certain traffic accidents in certain parishes. (8/1/17) (OR NO IMPACT LF EX See Note)
- Designates portions of certain state highways. (8/1/17)
- Authorizes issuance of a military honor license plate with an identical number for a motorcycle or boat trailer. (8/1/17)
- Prohibits certain coverings and devices from obstructing a license plate. (8/1/17)
CONSIDERATION OF ANY OTHER MATTERS THAT MAY COME BEFORE THE COMMITTEE