House Committee on Civil Law and Procedure
April 18, 2017
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
DISCUSSION OF LEGISLATION
- Provides for the continuous revision of community property laws
- Provides relative to a detailed descriptive list in an independent administration of estates
- Provides relative to small successions
- Provides for the time periods for no-fault divorce and interim spousal support
- Provides relative to sealing and delivering depositions
- Allows certain business records to be self-authenticated
- Provides relative to extinction of rights relating to immovable property
- Provides relative to the availability of attorney fees in suits on open accounts
- Provides relative to suspension or extension of prescription, peremption, and certain legal deadlines
- Provides for certain form requirements imposed on financial institutions relative to the cancellation of mortgages
- Provides for continuous revisions to the Code of Civil Procedure and related provisions of the Revised Statutes
- Provides for liability for violation of certain federal detainer orders under certain circumstances
- Provides with respect to legislative continuance