Senate Daily Digest
April 24, 2017
PDF Daily Digest
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
Senate Concurrent Resolutions 2nd Reading
- Creates the Task Force on Secure Care Standards and Auditing.
Senate Bills 3rd Reading and Final Passage
- Provides relative to certain juveniles sentenced to life without parole. (gov sig)
- Permits the governing authorities of certain parishes to employ their own attorneys to represent them generally. (gov sig)
- Provides relative to the Louisiana National Guard. (gov sig)
- Provides relative to the registration of investment adviser representatives. (gov sig)
- Provides relative to prescribers of controlled dangerous substances. (See Act) (EG +$78,781 SG EX See Note)
- Provides relative to the Children's Cabinet and the Child Poverty Prevention Council of Louisiana. (8/1/17)
- Provides relative to the health professional licensing boards created within the Louisiana Department of Health. (See Act) (EG SEE FISC NOTE GF EX)
- Provides relative to bid procedures for contractors. (8/1/17)
- Provides licensing exception for specialty vehicle dealers who manufacture armored personnel carriers for sale to law enforcement agencies. (gov sig)
- Provides relative to licensing and registration of persons engaged in real estate activity. (8/1/17)
Senate Bills 3rd Reading and Final Passage Subject to Call
- Sunsets the individual income tax education credit. (gov sig) (EG +$9,200,000 GF RV See Note)
- Constitutional amendment to prohibit contracts under the industrial property tax exemption program from exempting millages related to school funding. (2/3 - CA13s1(A)) (EG INCREASE LF RV See Note)
- Eliminates sunset provision on credit for taxes paid in other states. (gov sig) (EG +$31,300,000 GF RV See Note)
- Provides for the termination of the credit for purchase of qualified recycling equipment or service contracts. (gov sig) (EG +$100,000 GF RV See Note)
- Provides for a deduction for individual and corporate income tax for certain disaster payments. (gov sig) (EG DECREASE GF RV See Note)
- Provides for a deduction for certain casualty losses arising from a major disaster. (gov sig) (EG DECREASE GF RV See Note)