House Committee on Civil Law and Procedure
March 25, 2014
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
DISCUSSION OF LEGISLATION
- Requests a study regarding the use of gender neutral language
- Provides relative to civil injunctions and restraining orders
- Provides for surrogacy regulation in Louisiana (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
- Provides relative to special civil proceedings (EN NO IMPACT See Note)
- Provides with respect to interim and final spousal support (EN NO IMPACT See Note)
- Provides relative to ex parte orders of temporary child custody (EN NO IMPACT See Note)
- Provides limitation of liability for certain persons when an employee has a criminal conviction
- Provides relative to exemptions from seizure
- (Constitutional Amendment) Provides for members of the postsecondary education management boards and the Board of Regents to have qualifications provided by law
- Provides relative to the authority to expropriate (EN SEE FISC NOTE LF EX See Note)
- Provides relative to notice of certain expenses under the Covenant of Marriage Act
- Extends right of Medicaid recovery in cases of third party liability for injury, illness, or death to Medicaid managed care organizations that provide covered services to Medicaid enrollees
- Provides relative to the transfer of actions in custody proceedings