Senate Committee on Health and Welfare
March 25, 2014
John J. Hainkel, Jr. Room
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
March 18, 2014
LEGISLATION TO BE CONSIDERED
- Directs Department of Health and Hospitals to submit a state plan amendment to the federal government that will permit WIC cash value vouchers to be used at farmers' markets.
- Creates a joint legislative committee on obesity.
- Provides relative to the minimum disinfectant residual levels of free or total chlorine throughout public and private water systems. (8/1/14)
- Provides for screening of pregnant women for HIV and syphilis in the third trimester of pregnancy. (gov sig)
- Provides relative to the Louisiana Smokefree Air Act. (8/1/14)
- Provides for prohibitions within a Medicaid managed care program. (8/1/14)
CONTROL DANGER SUBSTANCE
- Provides for limits on certain medical prescriptions. (8/1/14)
- Provides for the Department of Health and Hospitals to create an upper payment limit mechanism for ambulatory surgical centers. (gov sig)
- Provides for chain restaurant menu labeling. (1/1/15)
- Provides for the Louisiana Obesity Prevention and Management Commission. (gov sig)
- Prohibits smoking near public and private elementary and secondary school property. (gov sig)
CONSIDERATION OF ANY OTHER MATTERS THAT MAY COME BEFORE THE COMMITTEE