House Committee on Administration of Criminal Justice
April 2, 2014
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
DISCUSSION OF LEGISLATION
- Urges and requests the Louisiana State Law Institute to study and make recommendations concerning gun ownership rights of persons who have attempted suicide
- Provides relative to the exemption for law enforcement officers regarding the carrying of weapons in alcoholic beverage outlets
- Provides relative to the illegal possession of stolen firearms (EN INCREASE GF EX See Note)
- Provides relative to the possession of firearms by concealed handgun permit holders in certain alcoholic beverage establishments
- Provides relative to the possession of firearms by concealed handgun permit holders and law enforcement officers in certain alcoholic beverage establishments
- Adds exploding targets to the definition of explosives
- Amends eligibility criteria for medical parole (EN DECREASE GF EX See Note)
- Provides with respect to parole eligibility (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
- Provides relative to the policies, duties, powers, and reports of the Louisiana Sentencing Commission (OR NO IMPACT See Note)
- Amends the definition of "technical violation" for the purposes of imposition of administrative sanctions and probation violations
- Provides relative to parole for persons convicted of certain crimes of violence and provides for the creation and administration of the Programs to Reduce Recidivism Fund (OR DECREASE GF EX See Note)
- Amends eligibility requirements for participation in drug courts and provides relative to annual evaluations of drug courts (EN DECREASE GF EX See Note)
- Authorizes the waiver of minimum mandatory sentences for certain sex offenses and crimes of violence (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
- Provides relative to ameliorative penalty provisions (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
- Amends the crime of theft and repeals statutes relative to theft of certain things (EN INCREASE GF EX See Note)
- Provides with respect to drug free zones
- Extends the period in which to file an application for DNA testing