Senate Committee on Education
March 19, 2014
John J. Hainkel, Jr. Room
* Agenda Revised March 18, 2014, 5:03 pm *
Removed SB 370
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
March 12, 2014
LEGISLATION TO BE CONSIDERED
- Requires DOE to report annually specified information regarding the Student Scholarships for Educational Excellence Program to state legislators. (gov sig)
- Requires notification to certain elected officials regarding submission and status of certain charter school applications. (gov sig)
- Requires BESE, the Board of Regents, and public postsecondary education boards to participate in regular meetings regarding articulation and transfer policies and agreements. (gov sig) (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
- Requires the boards of supervisors for the Louisiana State University, Southern University, University of Louisiana and Louisiana Community and Technical College systems to broadcast the live audio and video of all board and committee meetings conducted in Baton Rouge over the Internet. (1/1/15) (EG +$198,000 GF EX See Note)
- Provides that a five-point scale shall be used when calculating the grade point average for certain honors courses and talented courses. (gov sig) (EN +$1,240,000 GF EX See Note)
- Provides relative to agricultural education and establishes the Agricultural Education Commission. (gov sig) (EN SEE FISC NOTE GF EX See Note)
- Provides relative to TOPS. (gov sig) (EN INCREASE GF EX See Note)
- Provides relative to the use, expenditure, or allocation of funds appropriated to public postsecondary education management boards. (7/1/16)
- Provides for the development of an outcomes-based funding formula for postsecondary education. (gov sig) (EN INCREASE GF EX See Note)
- Provides relative to the size of secondary school classes. (8/1/14) (OR INCREASE LF EX See Note)
- Provides relative to the privacy and protection of student data for students enrolled in public elementary, secondary, and postsecondary educational institutions. (gov sig)
- Provides for K-12 student data privacy. (8/1/14) (OR +$651,000 SD EX See Note)
CONSIDERATION OF ANY OTHER MATTERS THAT MAY COME BEFORE THE COMMITTEE