Skip Navigation Links
Other Questions

How do I submit/edit/search NGO Funding Request(s)?

If you are required to do so, you can

You can also access the "Submit", "Edit", and "Search" NGO pages from the Fiscal Information menu on the left side of our Home page.


How do I view the PDF documents on the website?

Adobe PDF is a universal file format that preserves all of the fonts, formatting, colors, and graphics of any source document, regardless of the device and platform used to create it. Some devices will display PDF documents directly in a browser while others will require you to download the PDF file and then open it outside of the browser. Consult documentation for your device for further instruction along with suggested PDF viewing software.


How do I talk to a "live person?"

The Public Update Legislative Services Line, or PULS Line, is available to you by dialing 342-2456 in the Baton Rouge area or toll free (Louisiana only) 800-256-3793 outside Baton Rouge.

Legislative staff will answer your questions about bills on various topics, direct you to the proper place for committee information, explain aspects of the legislative process and more. The PULS Line is operated jointly by the House and the Senate.

Session hours:Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Interim hours:
(not in legislative session)
Monday through Friday, 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM


How do I get a glossary of legislative terms?

Legislative terms can be confusing. To see the glossary of terms for the Louisiana Legislature, click here. The appropriate House, Senate or Joint rule that applies to the term is listed along with the term. If you would like to read the corresponding rule, just click on the rule.


How do I get to the state Capitol?

To get directions and maps to get to the Capitol, click here. A new window will open up providing you written directions as well as a map of the Capitol area. There is also parking information within the map that appears on the page. If you would like a larger version of the map, just click on it. You will need the ability to view PDF documents.


Who is the custodian of records for purposes of making a public records request upon the Louisiana Legislature?

The Louisiana Public Records Law, La. Const. Art. XII, ยง3 and R.S. 44:1-41, grants any person a right to examine and copy public documents in the possession of the state and its political subdivisions, including the Louisiana Legislature.

The Secretary of the Louisiana Senate is the custodian of the records of the Senate and details for making such a request upon the Senate's custodian of records can be found here:

The Clerk of the Louisiana House of Representatives is the custodian of the records of the House of Representatives and details for making such a request upon the House of Representative's custodian of records can be found here:

If you experience any technical difficulties navigating this website, click here to contact the webmaster.
P.O. Box 94062 (900 North Third Street) Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70804-9062