Senate Daily Digest
April 20, 2015
PDF Daily Digest
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
Senate Resolutions 2nd Reading Subject to Call
- Proclaims June 10, 2015, as 610 Stompers Day and commends the efforts of the 610 Stompers organization.
- Expresses condolences upon the death of Christine Bannister.
- Honors and recognizes Laurita Pete, past president of the Crowley City Council, on her contributions to Acadia Parish and the state of Louisiana.
Senate Concurrent Resolutions 2nd Reading
- Extends the Louisiana Legislature's condolences on the death of former state Senator Erle Edwards Barham.
- Commends Melanie Benit for her time as Chairwoman of the Louisiana Federation of College Republicans.
- Commends Destin Sensky for his time as President of the Louisiana State University College Republicans.
- Authorizes and directs the Louisiana Emergency Response Network (LERN) to organize and facilitate a working group of healthcare providers who deal with victims of trauma to develop recommendations for a Level III Trauma Center in Northeast Louisiana.
Senate Concurrent Resolutions 2nd Reading Subject to Call
- Commends the Public Administration Institute Student Association (PAISA) at Louisiana State University and to recognize April 13, 2015, as the seventeenth annual PAISA Day at the Louisiana Legislature.
- Requests the Department of Health and Hospitals, the Department of Education, the Medicaid managed care plans, and representatives of the Whole Child Initiative to work together to develop a plan to implement the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child model developed by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
House Concurrent Resolutions 2nd Reading
- Commends the Louisiana Developmental Disabilities Council and its grassroots advocacy network, LaCAN, and recognizes Wednesday, April 29, 2015, as Disability Rights Day in Louisiana
Senate Bills Reported by Committee
- Requires the Council on Peace Officer Standards and Training to develop and continuously update certain training programs for peace officers and college or university police officers. (gov sig)
- Provides for placement of a statue of the Reverend Theodore Judson Jemison Sr., better known as Reverend Dr. T.J. Jemison. (8/1/15) (OR SEE FISC NOTE See Note)
- Creates a statewide website for the publication of statutorily required notices. (8/1/15)